Tuesday, April 9, 2013

All I Need is my Three

Tomorrow is my 31st birthday. Andy has been asking me what I want, and I am such a practical person. I was like, oh a new ironing board (really?), maybe a gold chain (the one I usually wear with all my love's initials broke), maybe some exercise gear, but nothing really exciting at all. One year I just wanted my Dyson Ball vacuum. I mean, don't get too crazy, although those Ball vacuums are expensive. We are also taking a trip to Dallas to see Bon Jovi with some of our best friends so I am really counting that as part of my birthday as well this year. I am sure we'll do some shopping and what not there, but I really just can't think of anything that I just have to have this year.

So what do I really want for my birthday? After thinking about this for the past few days, I realized that I already have it. All I really need is my three - and the ones that add that smile or warm thought along the way.

I have my best friend, husband (almost seven years - ha! Bet some of you can't believe that!), love of my life, soul mate, and partner. Andy - I love you the most.

My best girl is the sweetest, funniest, sassiest, and smartest little three year old that I could ask for. And my Cam Cub is the last piece to complete my heart. He is the happiest baby and such a joy to be around. I love playing with him and he gives me the biggest smiles and laughs. These children. One just can't explain how that love runs so deep. I would do anything for them. Anything.

I could not ask for a better father, mother, sister, brother, mother-in-law, sister-in-laws, brother-in-law and family. Through the thick and thin, easy and hard, tears and laughter, joys and sorrows, this family is rock solid.

I have the BEST friends that a girl could ask for - each of them for different reasons.  They come in all different shapes, sizes, colors and locations, some are new and some are old, and I feel blessed that they have chosen me to be a part of their lives as well.

I can't leave out my fur babies either. Brutus and Hazel are so good with Cam and Lila Faye. When that big ol' tongue sneaks one on me or that little one burrows in her bean bag, they always put a smile on my face (except when they bark and the babies are sleeping - no smile then).









I don't really have anything that I want for my birthday this year because I already have it. This year is a celebration of my life, but also all the one's whose lives I love so dearly as well. Because that is what is important.





Blessed, y'all. My cup runneth over.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo, soooooooo sweet and heartfelt! Love you so much, Sweetheart. You are a very special person to and in all our hearts, and especially mine! Mom

    ReplyDelete