Wednesday, August 15, 2012

6 Weeks LEFT!!

I can't believe that I am already 34 weeks! It feels like such an accomplishment for some reason. I remember feeling that way with Princess, too, around 32 weeks. With all of my education and experience with kiddos, I know if something were to happen, and I went in to labor, the chances of the baby being ok are much higher. It kind of feels like a big sigh of relief!

We have been so busy that I have had a hard time keeping up with my blog. I'll admit that getting an iPhone has not helped. I feel like I never need my notebook again! So here is a quick update:

 I finally have my "workout Andy" back. He kind of went through a slump when he was by himself in ND. It was really hard to get motivated to stay in shape up there, and I understood that once we moved up there too. That cold makes it hard to stay motivated! Once we got there, it was better for him because we joined the Rec center, and we would take our little family walks. But, for those months when we were apart, he went through a pretty rough patch. I think it went down like this: work, eat, drink and then repeat that cycle pretty consistently throughout the week. You can ask anyone that has lived up there though, that is not from there, and they will tell you how hard it is to be that far away from home.

Anyway, so he has started back on watching his diet and working out and I am so glad! It helps me when it is a family effort, and I love working out with him. We used to all the time before we had LF. He is so knowledgeable about strength training exercises.  I got him started on an app call My Fitness Pal which helps us watch our calorie intake. I was 2 points off on my glucose test so my doctor told me to try to stick to a 2000 calorie diet. Whatever. I tried to explain to the nurse that the milkshake, birthday cake, candy at the movies, and the Lucky Charms I had for breakfast, probably did not give me an accurate reading. But I always listen to my doctor's advice and have tried to lay off the sweets, to an extent. I have really been craved ice cream throughout the summer and my guess is just because it has been so damn hot! The My Fitness Pal app has helped me so much with my portions and keeping up with what I eat, and I am really looking forward to keeping up with it after I have Cam. I had no idea that one cup of Mac and Cheese was like 400 calories! Wow! I am feeling pretty good and getting in my daily walks and light weights, but I can tell it is getting to that uncomfortable stage. At night, my hips hurt and you know how that pain goes down your leg when it hits your Sciatic nerve? Yea, that is happening. I have a lot of trouble getting more than 3-4 hours of consistent sleep. And wowzer, who forgot to tell about how much stronger Braxton-Hicks are in the second pregnancy! I know everything has already been all stretched out once but really!




We also had a two week trip to see the Marlette's, the Gage-Lancaster's, and the Bentley's, plus a week in Shreveport seeing friends and family there. That was a long time to be gone, but we all survived, and we also celebrated Andy's 35th birthday during all that. It was fun, but by the final day at my grandparents house outside of Mena, Princess went in to a total meltdown in the bathroom, Andy was borderline meltdown, and my lasting patience with both of them had pretty much fizzled out at the point. I walked out of the bathroom with LF and was like "Bye everybody! We are leaving now!" Thank goodness we had finished our lunch, but I knew that we had a long drive back that day and I was ready to get on the road. LF slept about 3 out of the 4 or so hours back too if that tells you anything! I feel so blessed to have all of these wonderful family members, and it was nice to just be encompassed by love the entire time.















The last three pictures are actually from when we visited with the Marlette's in Tulsa for Sarah's graduation. I didn't get any when we were at the actual reunion with everyone...except the one where LF is in her panties at the park. DaDa forgot to bring her a new pair of shorts after she had a little peepee accident!

So here are some little pics of Cam, and I am just so ready to meet my little man! That sweet little foot is constantly in my ribs and I can't wait to kiss it!












We also celebrated our 6 year anniversary...my, my how time goes by. I still look at Andy and just feel overwhelmed with a love that grows every day. He's pretty easy on the eyes too! So we have celebrated over the past 6 years in Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, North Dakota, and now, here we are in Oklahoma. I was actually able to get a sitter to keep LF for two nights so we were able to have a REAL date night on our actual anniversary. We went to a little restaurant in Enid since he is working there this week, and it was pretty good! I also convinced him earlier that day to let a professional cut those eagle talons on those toes, and I think he kind of liked it. We also got to work out together that morning at the hotel so that was fun too. That is a pic of the baby bump before we went to work out. I feel so terrible with Cam because I have hardly taken any belly shots! I was all about it with LF, but it is so true with the second that you just don't have nearly as much time or energy! It was very relaxing day though - exactly what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment