Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Liebster Award: Part 2

So here are Katie's questions for the second part of this:


 


1. How do you know me? Share a fun memory, the story of how we met, or a fave post from my blog:)

I met Katie in college while working at Log Cabin...now our true bonding happened one night at Rabb's (which I also like to refer to as Scab's). I will never forget this night because it was the night I deemed Katie as the best non-stripper dancer I have ever seen. Seriously. If only we would have had a pole that night, I am sure that I could have made us some serious cash pimping out her moves. All sorts of ideas popped into my head that night - like workout videos, classes. Now, I am sure a YouTube video would have gone viral. Too bad we didn't have smart phones then.  Sure, she may have ripped a pair or two of pants in college, but I assure you they were well worth it.  This was the moment I knew we would be friends for life, since I also share the same love for dance as she does and the stage at Rabb's.

2. Name 3 things you love about yourself.
 
Agh - these types of questions always make me feel like I am being conceited. All right then.
 
1. I love that I am a good listener.
 
2. I love that the color of my eyes will change from light blue to dark blue to greeny blue and various other shades depending on what I am wearing or my mood.
 
3. When I love, I love hard. And you will know it. And I love that about my personality.
 
3. We all have that one topic that sends us straight to our soapbox...what's yours?
 
This is a good one...I usually try to stay somewhat neutral on subjects because people can just be so damn opinionated about stuff. I have actually had this discussion a couple times in the past few weeks at different times so it has been on my mind lately.
With that being said, I feel very strongly about breastfeeding. I think it is what Mother Nature intended for your baby. Formula was created for the 2% of mothers that can not produce milk, which means 98% of women do produce breast milk. I realize that breastfeeding is not easy and almost every mom that breastfeeds, that I know, has had trouble with it at some point. Your nipples will be sore, you can get mastitis, your baby is completely dependent on you for survival (this can feel overwhelming at times), you have to plan ahead if you are going out and know a feeding will be due...like I said it is not easy. BUT, the benefits for you and your baby are amazing. Breast milk really is "liquid gold". I can promise you that the only reason that Cam has not been sick these first 4 months is because he is receiving all those wonderful antibodies from me which are helping his immune system. And with that sweet sister loving on him all the time, he probably should have already been sick at some point. Who doesn't want to burn 500 calories a day to just snuggle up with your baby for 15-20 minutes every couple hours?? I do and that is also for selfish reasons because it really does help you lose the weight that you put on during those 9 months when baby is cooking.
 So, I am not telling you what to do when you have a baby, but breast is best, and I am a firm believer in that. And like my friend Lacey says, "I mean why would you want to give your baby toxins from formula!" Agreed. I could go on and on about the benefits of breastfeeding, but I shall step "off" of my soapbox now!
 
 
4. What is the best gift you have ever received?

This is a tough one! I don't think I can pick just one thing.
If it is something non superficial then I am going to say my children and husband. I think that life is a gift in itself. And somehow, we are interconnected with these other beautiful lives that fulfill our souls. You know that sixth sense that we all have? I know I am connected to them on a level that is inexplicable. When their heart hurts, mine does too.
 
It it is something superficial, then I have to say the diamond and sapphire earrings that Andy gave me a few years ago. I love them and wear them pretty much every day. And every time I taken them on or off, I think about my sweet man.

5. What is your favorite TV show/movie and why?

Favorite TV show right now - Scandal and Revenge. Both have deliciously devious plots with great evil characters. That Duck Dynasty show is pretty funny too...

Favorite movie - I will give you 2: Love Actually - this movie just never gets old.  Silver Linings Playbook - this is a new one and I think it is one of the best movies I have seen in a really long time - funny, dark, twisted - I can't wait to see it again. Whoever casted this movie was a freakin' genius.

6. What is your favorite/signature dish? Share the recipe!!

I love making spaghetti and I usually just throw onions, peppers, a hunk of ground beef, sausage, or deer meat together. After the meat is cooked, throw in some diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, a little tomato paste, gaaahhhhlic, and tomato sauce in it and voila! Easy and yummy. It's just spaghetti, but it really is one of my favorite meals. Our friends Roger and Jenny cooked us homemade noodles with sauce the other night and I gotta tell you, those homemade noodles were the shit. I felt like I was eating pasta in Italy at a little cafe or something. Delicious.

7.What were your thoughts when you first met your other half?

He is HOOOOOTTTTT!!!
 
8. If you had to punch a company/business in the face, who would you punch?
 
Donald Trump. And then say "You're fired!"
 
 
9. What is your guilty pleasure music/artist/song? You know, the one you listen to when you are all alone...

Ke$ha, Gaga, Britney, Christina, Katy, and the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack. Basically anything that I can shake my ass to, and I will sing the hell out of the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

10. Best party you have ever been to...whether it was impeccable execution of a theme or fun times with fun friends, share a memory.

Hmmmmm...one of my favorite parties I have been to was probably my brother's wedding reception. I was surprised but those Northerners really can throw down. It was awesome! Adessa planned a sit down formal dinner and then the tables were moved out and it was time to party! Lots of dancing and drinks and a generally grand time. I had a blast!

11. If you could have your own TV show, what would it be about?

A show about what it is really like to raise a family in real time...I love it in the magazines when they show the pics of celebrities with the title "Stars - They're just like us!!" Ummm. No. They are not. It would be nice to see the struggles and triumphs of an average middle class family. I can assure you that my family is hilarious, and it would be highly entertaining. When your husband vomits from getting a little shit on his finger, you just can't script something like that - please see previous post.



This has taken me much longer than I anticipated. I hope to get to the third part later this week!

4 comments:

  1. Love this post!!! Ok...here are my random thoughts:
    1. Fun fact about that night, I was sober. And I was either wearing work clothes or workout clothes. Keeping it classy at Rabb's, always;)
    2. You do have fantastic eyes.
    3. You know I love your soapbox issue, for all the same reasons you do. Also, love that breast milk is free!
    5. Love Actually is my favorite movie! Haven't seen Silver Linings Play Book, but that might be our next date night.
    10. I can think of a wedding reception we attended together that was quite memorable..."get er done!"
    11. I would love to watch your show. I agree. Real life with people who don't have live in nannies...way entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I should have mentioned you were sober that night! I was not. And I am pretty sure you had on Soffee Shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops. Standard Rabb's wear. I think I smelled like Chopped beef and had salsa smeared across my Cabin shirt.
      I always forget to mention that boob milk is free!! We should get a tax break. For real. "Get er Done!" just made me laugh so hard!!!!!

      Delete