Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Liebster Award: Part 1

My friend Katie nominated me for this, and I feel so honored!! She is a good ole Southern gal who lives in a not so Southern world now, and you can meet her at Sweet Home McCormick.  I love this whole idea for networking with other bloggers. It's so much fun to read about other's lives and opinions that are voiced. I am very excited to follow some bloggers that she enjoys now too.








The rules, should you be nominated:
1. If you were nominated, post 11 things about yourselves.
2. Then answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you created.
3. Create 11 more questions to ask the bloggers you decided to nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate with less than 200 followers.
5. Make sure and let these people know you nominated them! No tag backs, so don't nominate someone who nominated you.

So I will start with me, I suppose.

1.  I love being a mommy and a wife! I had no idea that this would be the hardest job of my life though.  This job is the most challenging, fulfilling, exciting, emotional, creative, and blissful thing I have ever been a part of.  I think that NO ONE can ever prepare you for parenthood. You can read about it and probably relate to it in different aspects, but until you are a parent, you really will not understand. Marriage is all about communication and loving who you married. That is haaaaaard sometimes!! I love our family for the good and the bad though and would not change it for anything. 

2. If something is really bothering me, I will most likely confront you about it. I think this quality is good and bad, but it is me and I hope everyone just loves me for who I am. Example: I heard years after college that I had done something that bothered another person. It really upset me because I did not like feeling like I had done something to hurt someone else. I sent them a message and asked them about it because I wanted to A) apologize and B) make sure the air was cleared. She responded and that was squashed. This may be too bold for some people, but I just hate when I am not confronted directly. I would rather give my honest answer than hear it from someone else and how my words or actions were twisted. And I would rather hear it directly from someone rather than sit on it and let it bother me.

3. I have a very strong stomach, but a snotty nose will make me gag quicker than anything. I am not sure why. Let's just say that LF has been blowing her nose since 12 months old probably. We worked hard on teaching her that and her teachers are very appreciative of it. We just got this new thing called a Nosefrida, which is awesome because it is way more effective than the bulb. What you do is stick one end up your baby's nose and then suck on the other end and it sucks all the snot out. Oh. My. Lawd. It is amazing what you can suck out, but I am not going to lie, I almost completely vomited after doing it the first time. Thaaaat was tough for my gag reflex.   

4. I am still trying to figure out why I did not get a degree in Science or English, because I don't want to do anything with my Family and Child Studies degree now. 

5.  I could eat chocolate  and drink coffee all day. I would live off both of them if I could. 

6. My all time favorite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio *swoons*. I think I still have my Romeo and Juliet poster tucked away somewhere. 

7. I am a germaphobe. I probably wash my hands and use sanitizer about 25 times a day. And when LF gets home from school she has to wash her hands and change clothes. That's how crazy I am - especially with an infant in our home now!

8. I like to have lights on in the house at all times. Andy says even if I lived in a glass house, I would still have every single light on. What can I say? I like lamps and a room to feel awake! 

9. Before I go to bed every night, and it does not matter where I am, the closet door has to be shut. Seriously. I get super freaked out if it is open, and I feel  like someone is peeking in at me. 

10. I am really excited we have a beach trip already planned for this summer!! We have not been since our one year anniversary (this August will be 7 years married, whoa), and we love the beach. I can't wait to see if LF loves the sand and ocean too. 

11. The hardest part, for me, about having kids, is not getting in my quality reading time  (book nerd). It seems like that gets put really low on the totem pole along with other things. I am going to try really hard to make myself get back in my habit of reading every night. Sleep trumps reading though when you have a new baby!!

So these are 11 things about me that you may or may not know and I am hoping to work on Katie's questions later today.














1 comment:

  1. Liked this and wish we'd known that about the closets when you were growing up!As for your degree, you have it and you never know when you might need it. Think of how valuable it was having a job in the area;you were able to apply things you learned with your degree about children and their needs, learn things new on the job, and learn things from your coworkers. You have used all this knowledge in helping yourself to be such a good mother! Tell me more about this award.

    ReplyDelete